Friday, August 28, 2009

Im not very good at this!

I apologize in advance for my lack of blogging. If you all understand how much I work, you would be amazed that I even have time to do this once a month!

So, lets see. Whats new? Well, for starters I had a great trip to Utah last month. I kidnapped Lilly and had her for the 4 days I was there. That girl, although still pretty tiny, is a bedhog! I have a king size bed and slept on the very edge of it, afraid to move because she decided that her favorite spot was right up against my back. Silly girl. She's her aunties little girl. Cant wait to see her again in a couple weeks.

Yes, Im coming back to Utah for a few days in the middle of September. My friend Hellen here in Abilene is getting sealed to her husband Dave in the Salt Lake temple on Sept. 19. Im so excited for them!

I guess the other noteworthy thing I should mention is that Im moving back to California in November. Since I've been here in Abilene I knew this is where I was supposed to be and really felt like I couldnt leave, despite the frequent urges I had to get out as fast as I could! But a few weeks ago, that need to stay left. After a lot of prayerful consideration I felt like my answer was just to be where I wanted to be. I had to choose. So, I choose California. Its where my heart is, and where I feel like I belong. It just so happens that Trish, the first mom I worked for in Cali, is in need of a part time nanny. So, I'll do that, and find a job as a CNA. I figured out how to get all my certification stuff transfered. And since I still have my California drivers license, as far as they know, I've been there since 2005. I'll still be able to get in-state tuition which is WAY cheap in Cali. I really want to start school. Even if I just have to start with 1 class.

Im grateful for the time I have had in Abilene. It grows on ya. But, it has definitly been a rough 7 months. I have learned so much about myself, relationships, and finding joy. Im sure I'll miss it, but its time to go. I have met people who have changed my life forever and will be my friends for as long as I live. I hope they know how much I love them.

Im excited to go back to California. The ocean is calling me home! :) I have such good friends there and so much more of an opportunity for a normal social life! It'll be a new adventure, and Im ready for it!

I think that pretty much covers it for the last month. Maybe I'll get around to doing this again before Halloween! :)

1 comment:

ashlan said...

halloween has passes, thanksgiving, christmas, new years, valentines, st. patricks day is quickly approching now get on it and give us an update on jess!